Volunteering at King's
At King's Baptist Grammar School, we believe in fostering a strong sense of community and recognise the vital role parents play in their children's education. It brings us great joy to present an exciting opportunity for you to join our King’s Volunteer Community - a dynamic community that takes pride in voluntary efforts, working collaboratively to create a positive impact.
Recognising the challenges of Annual General Meeting attendance (AGMs) amidst busy schedules, we have revamped our volunteering approach to enhance flexibility and accessibility for all.
Promoting a family culture of volunteerism goes beyond involving just parents; it extends to include the invaluable contributions of grandparents, aunts, and uncles. Engaging extended family members in volunteering creates a more inclusive and supportive environment for meaningful contributions to our community.
We value your time and any contribution big or small, your participation will undoubtedly make a meaningful impact on our School.
Please select the following link to explore exciting opportunities as part of our King’s Volunteer Community.
King’s is committed to being a safe place for all people, with a special focus on the safety and wellbeing of children and young people. All volunteers must complete volunteer training which is conveniently accessible online via our Volunteer Portal. Your participation will undoubtedly make a meaningful impact on our school, and we look forward to welcoming you into this wonderful community of engaged families.
2024 Volunteer Opportunities
- Classroom Assistance and Excursions: Support teachers both inside and outside the classroom; for example, reading with students, small group support, excursions, Patch to Plate and classroom admin.
- Event Help: Contribute to the planning and execution of School events; for example, House Games, Grandparents Day, Mother's Day and Father's Day events, and excursions.
- Patch to Plate RM (9:30am-11:00am) & 3CH (11:30am-1pm): Friday, 16 February
- Patch to Plate 1/2B (9:30am-11:00am) & 1/2S (11:30am-1pm): Friday, 23 February
- Patch to Plate RM (9:30am-11:00am) & 3CH (11:30am-1pm): Friday, 1 March
- Junior School House Games Year 3 students (Chaperoning a student group and travelling to Wynn Vale Campus): Friday, 15 March
- Mount Barker Show: (Help with set-up, hosting stall and pack up) Sunday, 23 March
- Whole School Assembly (Chaperoning students and travelling to Wynn Vale Campus): Thursday, 28 March
- Cross Country Year 3 (Travelling to Wynn Vale Campus and helping direct students around track): Wednesday, 3 April
If you have any questions or need further information, feel free to reach out to us via email.